Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hotocado Tortilla Lunch

Avocado + chili pepper sauce + corn tortilla = hotocado tortilla. Sometimes I'm so clever I don't know what to do with myself. Anyways, that's what I had for lunch today! It's a creation that was born about two weeks ago when I got my first mini food processor and wanted to put EVERYTHING (and I really mean everything...I've made some other great discoveries that I'll share with you later on) I ate into the food processor. So I had an avocado sitting around and was trying to think of what would be a good/interesting combination, and this happened...and it's totally awesome! It's the perfect combination of mushy-salty-spice-ness there ever was.  Here's what it looked like:


Spice-alicious

Then I blended it together and threw it on a corn tortilla, sprinkled some shredded cheddah cheese on top, and nuked it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Here's the end product:


Delish and healthy!

Wow, that looks totally unappetizing.  But it's delicious!  Kinda like guacamole, only spicier.  Also, the original creation went between two pieces of whole wheat toast, but this week I've been trying a gluten-free diet for fun (let me tell you...it's not actually fun at all) to understand what kind of choices Claire has to make on a daily basis for her Celiac diet. So I stuck it on a corn tortilla instead.

I also had a giant banana and a couple slices of granny smith apple dipped in some PB on the side to end the meal with some sweetness.  Plus I had some company for lunch:


"Whatcha eatin' up here??"

This is Alfonzo (affectionately known as "Fonz" around the house)! He's my roommate's crazy kitty, and I love him to death.  I think he loves me, too, but his nails aren't ever clipped, so when we hug he rips me apart. It's ok...he has good intentions (I think).

Also, this morning I went to the gym and did 45 minutes of sweaty elliptical cardio, an abs/back workout, and a few exercises to work my shoulders.  Saturdays are my "cross training" days (according to Hal Higdon's training schedule that I'm following) since I'm training for my very first half-marathon!  Tomorrow my first five mile run is on the schedule...I'll let you know how that goes.

I'm out for now...Fonz is crying for some attention! Have a sizzlin' Saturday!  -Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment