Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's a Loungin' Day

Good Afternoon! The weather here is barfadelic, and I barely made it out of bed today. The sound of rain can be so great to fall asleep to, but in the mornings it has the same affect- puts me straight to sleep! I did make it to my 9:30 class and we ended up watching a movie- woop woop! I was soaked by the time I got back home and finally got a chance to check out my new cookbook, Cook Yourself Thin Faster! It's the first one I've ever had, and since we aren't famous bloggers who get free stuff (...yet), I bought it pretty cheap off Amazon. For lunch I decided to try their creamy spinach, but I turned it into a sauce to eat with my red quinoa. If you aren't familiar with quinoa, I highly suggest checking this grain out (actually, it's technically a seed). I use it in place of pasta all the time. It's got tons of nutritional benefits including loads of fiber and protein, and it's gluten-free.

Kinda looks like Christmas-themed barf...sorry, but it tasted fantastic!

I had some company too!


Jezzy the meowster being thankful she's inside


The spinach was yummy and now I'm almost out of my gino-sized container! Lately, I have been using any excuse to use my blender, and turning this dip into a sauce gave me just that! I ended the meal with some yogurt covered almonds and my third (yes...third, not including the one I just made!) cup of tea.

Now, my roomie, Lindsey, and I are just loungin' on the couch daydreaming about what we would do if it didn't rain/snow here half of the school year. Not watch Bravo TV marathons probably...
Later, I'm gonna hit the gym and check out the swimming pool the school has. It's been a while since I have swam, but I figure it is good cardio that's easy on the joints. Leftover cauliflower soup for dinner, probably! Have a fabulous day and stay warm!
  -Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment