Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ice Cream and Icy Roads

I'm alive!! Where have I been, you say? Bumming around from house to house getting stuck in snow all over the place is where! Not to mention running out of food and making it to the gym 0 times this weekend! I, like Anna, had an "off-weekend", AKA my breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Sunday consisted of this:
Heaven in a box
This is the best, most addicting, least nutritious thing I could have chosen, probably, but I don't regret any bite of it (except maybe the last ones...)! That being said, I definitely had to make some healthier choices today and yesterday. I got to the gym yesterday and worked it out pretty hard since I was feeling like I needed to be rid of some major toxins. 

Today, though, there was a miracle. Our classes before 11 am got cancelled!! While Anna has been frolicking around in her "bad weather" without class, we have been tramping and driving through snow to get to our classes here in the mountains (just kidding, I'm glad you're being safe! But it sounds more likely for you to die of over-indulgence than icy weather...though who am I to talk?). Anyways, like I said, last night a miracle occurred and the roads iced over like nobody's business. This meant I could sleep until 1 pm, and sleep until 1 pm I did.

I do, however, have errands and work galore which must be completed, unfortunately. And I did have a chance to make a fabulous, healthy, homemade, mexican microwave bowl (I swear that won't be the recipe name...) which was JUST what I needed today to ween myself off of the junk food and get back on track again. The recipe will be posted later, but for now you can drool over this:

Wow, sorry, that is one sucky pic, but there's no turning back the clock because I already ate it...

I also had some other successful creations (cinnabon-inspired oatmeal!!) and cooking experiences that I will update you all with soon! Tonight, in fact, if I can. Hope everybody is staying warm!!! Sorry for being a blogging-slacker! -Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment