Friday, February 5, 2010

CAKES and Online Food-Journaling

Alrighty, so I promised some cool info I had gathered this week and have been looking forward to sharing witchu. So here's the first fun tidbit that I found while perusing cnnhealth.com earlier this week: 31 Unique Birthday Cake Ideas! How FUN and YUM do these look?!?!

How much more could I LOVE cats after seeing this sweet treat?! (answer....none)
 
Ok, now this is just freakin' adorable. I'm considering having a baby girl right now JUST so I can make this for her

 

I'm actually thinking about making this for the SuperBowl party I'm going to on Sunday! What do you think? And what flavor??


 Instead of making this cake for a specific party, I think I'm going to make this cake and then throw a shark party for how awesome it is


I'm going to make this cake (gluten-free, of course) for Claire when she finally learns how to keep her room clean!

So there's a bunch more on the website that you should waste some time browsing. Just seeing these neat-o ideas got my creative juices flowin' thinking of unique ones I could come up with! (how great would a flower-pot cake filled with "dirt" cake and gummy worms be?! Definitely gonna have to find time to try that one out...)

On a HEALTHIER note, here's another really interesting and useful link I've been kind of addicted to for the past 3 days. It's called "The Daily Plate", and it's a free website where you can track all of the food and drinks you consume and all of the nutritional information. It's supah detailed, with a huge list of packaged foods (it has in its database the nutritional information for Quaker Oats Maple and Brown Sugar Low Sugar oatmeal, for example) and plain ol' fruits and veggies (like a medium banana's stats).


I'm curious about what I eat, but I don't really wanna know how many calories is in peanut butter...ignorance is bliss in this case. Thanks.

You can even put in how much you weigh and your fitness goals ("I want to lose 1 pound per week" for instance) and it tells you how many calories you can consume in a day!

Anyways, I'm tryin' it for a week because I'm interested in seeing how I eat overall - I've never really kept a food diary or anything, so I just gotta know! :)

So check out these little sites while you're whiling away your time at work or in class waiting for the weekend to officially begin! -Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment