Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Breakfast = The Bomb

So lately I haven't really been interested in eating as healthily as usual.

Why is this?? Hormones? Am I bored with what I'm eating lately? Not working out hard enough? Brownies and chocolate being EVER PRESENT in my kitchen?? (Kenzie and Kate are always making fresh, gooey brownie batches which they FORCE ME to eat...I never bake sweet goodies, yet somehow it always happens that I eat them as if I had contributed to the preparation process...)

They only LOOK sweet and innocent! (well, they are sweet if we're talking about brownies...)

I really can't figure out why I'm super motivated for a few weeks and then hit a rough week where I just can't seem to lay off the bad foodz.

But I'm determined to stop this madness!! Here's truly enlightening passage that I came across in one of my new favorite blog's recent posts (thanks, http://msbitchcakes.blogspot.com/!! By the way, you should definitely read through some of her posts. I discovered her blog a few days ago and LOVE her stuff - so inspirational!)
"You can probably think of a few circumstances off the top of your head that trigger you to eat - certain emotions (happiness? anger? sadness? stress? boredom?) or situations (certain people/places/events) that cause you to self medicate with comfort foods. But as you think about all those times you've turned to food to comfort you, I want you to ask yourself: Did the food help? If you're honest with yourself, you'll acknowledge that no, the food did not help.
The food did NOT cheer you up.
The food did NOT solve a problem at work.
The food did NOT bring back a lost love.
The food did NOT make your kids behave any better.
If anything, the food introduced a whole new problem. And it surely did nothing to solve the original problem.
Turning to food in situations and for reasons other than hunger are merely habits we've picked up over the course of our lives. They are only habits. We have control over habits. We have the power to change them. We just need to be aware of them and be willing to make an effort to do so."

This is SO true for me.  Now that I think about it, I probably eat things for reasons other than being just hungry like...60% of the time.  So I'm gonna come up with some sort of strategy for stepping back before I eat something and determining why I'm eating it. Any ideas??


Aaaanywho, hopefully you'll see posts a little more frequently in the near future of my meals to help me stay accountable. Blogging once a day this week (even if it's short) is one of my goals!


Breakfast was the trend for yesterday's meal plan! My actual breakfast-time breakfast: baked LOVE oatmeal! :D



I devour hearts baked oatmeal

In the mix:
  • 2 packets of Maple and Brown Sugar Low Sugar instant oaties
  • Handful raisins
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 egg (tried to make it an egg white, but that yolk just JUMPED out of the shell! Rats...)
  • Cinnamon
  • Better'n Peanut Buttah heart of lovvveee
YUM! Sooo filling.

Lunch was a quick and easy breakfast meal, too...I was really craving some cheezalicious saltiness and didn't have a lot of time, so I employed a trick from my childhood:

Behold...the MICROWAVED EGG! 


Hey!! Get outta there...

Eggsactly what I was craving

Microwaving an egg is SO easy! I'll admit, it doesn't come out with the same texture I like from the pan (usually it's a little rubber-ier because I want to make sure it's all the way cooked), but if you don't wanna dirty any dishes and have like, 3 minutes, to come up with a meal, here's your trick. The after pic:


Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmicrowave.

I also threw some Guy's Seasoning on there to spice it up and try something new...it was interesting, alright, but I think I just like mah salt 'n peppah on there.

The finished product:
Mah 'wich


Toasted whole wheat bagel thin with one egg and a slice of lite provolone cheese. 

Oh hello there, Mr. 'Wich!

Dinner was not, however, breakfast - leftover crabcakes and hushpups! (though I suppose some people may have seafood for breakfast...) No pictures of that meal since I wolfed it down too quick. Ooopsiessssss.

Speaking of wolfing down stuff, here are some pictures of Fonz wolfing down Kenzie's lovely bouquet from a few days ago that I've been meaning to share with you:

The initial contact

The sniff-before-I-take-a-bite phase

The taste

Chewing...and possibly decision that eating flowers isn't the best idea. But who knows? Fonz may have a sophisticated palatte.

Well I'm out! I'm going to try to take a picture of every meal I eat today and track my workout stats to share with you!

Have a turrrrrrific Toozday! -Anna



No comments:

Post a Comment