Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sunday Runday

Happy Humpity Hump Day!

This is a ridiculous picture, but it had to be shared

An accomplishment that I've somehow forgot to mention in my post on Monday - on Sunday I ran 7 miles! My longest run evah! MAN I'm good. Somehow I continue to be able to finish the long runs of my half marathon training without stopping hardly at all (seriously...I don't know how I haven't had to be carried home by somebody yet).

And though last week's 6 mile run was completed in a speedy gonzalez 47 minutes, this week's change of scenery (I ran outside at Lake Johnson park close by - very hilly and tons of people in mah way!) really impacted my time.  1:10 is a little bit longer than I'd hoped for! But I'm still proud of my endurance :D

Also, I have consumed some food and done other stuff in the past few days, in case you were wondering.  Let's get to it!

Breakfast Monday was awesome actually really horrible.

Such a deceptive picture...

...this could have been awesome! I mean look how succulent those razzies look! Alas, it tasted like crap. The failure of an attempt at being creative:
  • 1/3 cup steel cut oats
  • 1 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tbs (maybe? more like 2 "shakes") baking powder
  • 2 large blobs of cherry pie fillin' from the can
  • Slivered roasted almonds
  • Raspberries on top
I don't know exactly what happened between tasting all of the delicious ingredients separately before putting it in the microwave for 3 minutes and putting the final product in my mouth, but it was something bad enough to actually prompt me to make another breakfast of Maple and Brown Sugar instant oatmeal. WOW! Major fail.

I love cheese and cats, so actually I would consider this picture a major WIN

Monday was also a busy bee day, so after my breakfast mishap and other dilly-dally morning activities, there was no time to plan for a homemade lunch. So I had a cat for lunch.

Fonzarelli Fotoshoot

What a natural in front of the camera.

Ok...maybe this is a little awkward

Alright, so I didn't eat Fonz, but look how sweet these pics are. He's such a model. Anyways...I actually had to scope out the campus convenience store for a few goodies:

Similar to the tuna salad croissant I recently had from the same place

Mustard overload

BANGIN' croissant

This was realllllly good. The buttery, soft, and flaky croissant was amazing. I do think I like the tuna salad better, but the chicky was still tasty too. I also decided to try this baby:

 Again with the "style" tips? Why??

Pretty dang good, actually

So the granola bar was a little super hard and chewy, but everything else was actually quite good. A decent side dish for apparently very few calories in the whole thing. If one of the sections was filled with PB I think it would be better, though...

After a loooong day of sitting on my butt in front of a computer for one of my computer-intensive classes, I decided that even though it was supposed to be my "take it easy" day for half marathon training, I needed some activity. So I hopped on over to the gym for about 20 minutes of incline speed-walking and 25 minutes of ellipticizing and broke a nice little shweat!

Dinner was quick, easy, and suprisingly dee-lightful! A creative quesadilla of sorts...



The ingredients:
  • Brown rice
  • Plain greek yogurt
  • Shredded cheese
  • Butter beans
  • Canned diced tomatoes (probably the FIRST time I've ever put tomatoes in anything I've cooked. In my life. Seriously! I'm really trying to make myself like some stuff I've always avoided - and they were really good in this!)
  • Feta cheese
  • Flour tortilla
I think I filled my tortilla with a leeeettle too much stuff because it was runnin' ALL over my arms, but it ain't good if it ain't messy, right? (Did I just make that up? Let's just pretend like people say that...)

Yum! Tuesday and today's updates to come in the morning (I've been a little behind on tha blogging, but I'm determined to catch up!)

Have a great Turrzday morning folks! -Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment